My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fall Is here

Well the Fall season has started to hit, What that means for us ponders?=LEAVES! Even in So CAL we got to fight the trees shedding 50lbs of leaves into our ponds! I know some people use nets or screens to cover their pond this time of year to keep the leaves out, me I am lucky since I put my pond under a tree that doesnt lose its leaves! :-)
Anyway as fall has started to hit, my plants have started to die back, the Water Hycintha are still doing ok, but my water lettuce which overtook almost the whole pond has been rotting away, and has become quite gross! Ive tossed a ton but have tried to save some for next year.
Other then that I found my Frogs again, I thought they had left, but they just double or almost tripled in size over the summer! So they found new hiding spots, but now I know where! I have a few pictures I'll add later! adios

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site