My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Bullfrogs, Turtle, and Unknown Flower





Well my Bullfrogs seem to be happy and content in the pond, no defectors yet. Very cool to see them jumping around, I dont hear them, do Bullfrogs make a croaking sound like some other frogs? I Thought Bullfrogs were real loud, maybe I am just missing it, or maybe its late at night. Anyway seems out of my 5 tadpoles, I have 3 frogs, I know one got snagged by most likely a neighborhood cat, not sure what happened to the other, might just be a slow grower, or I am counting them wrong! Anyway here is one of my latest Frog shots--They dont even flich from the camera being 6 inches away!

Then this shot of my Slider Turtle I thought was funny...looks like he is walking on water. He basically can and does now that the water lettuce has grown almost %100 across the pond. Anyone in the SO CAL Area who wants some Water Lettuce please let me know!

And last but not least.....What type of Flower is this??? I have no idea, its has grown out of one of the containers in the yard, and now covers a fence 8 feet high and around 10 feet long! It grows about a foot overnight it seems! But one of the Coolest Flowers I ever saw? Anyone know what it is? A bit worried about some of those flowers getting into the pond, but its a good distance. Anyway if you have any idea please let me know, especially want to know if its poisionious!

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site