My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Sad Day-Turtle Loss

Well a sad day at the pond today. Seems I lost my little painter turtle to the Turtle Gods. He wasnt looking to good the last few days, I couldnt get him to eat anything, he was still sunning himself daily so I wasnt too worried. Well I guess I should have been, since this morning I found him floating in the pond dead. :-(
Well I still got 3 turtles left, all the frogs that hatched from tadpoles are now also gone, not sure if they met their maker or just took off looking for a new home. But I havent seen any in over a week or two! Well I will always have my pond pictures to remember them! lol
Seriously though, nothing worse then the loss of a pet, even a turtle, makes you bummed. Just wish I knew what the cause was! Maybe it was just sruvival of the fitest taking place on a mini scale in my own mini-ecosystem! Or maybe the turtle was never really healthy from when I got him at PETCO-someplace I hate! Happy Ponding Everyone!

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site