My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Monday, August 15, 2005

Cactus Flower in Full Bloom



Well I have to say the wait was well worth it. I finally got a couple shots of the Cactus Flower in Full bloom. Amazing these flowers grow as large as a foot, then open for one day only and for just a small window of time during that day. I saw it open in the morning close then reopen in the evening! It was in my opinion absolutely cool, and its was extremely fragrant.

Anyway I also got to work over the weekend on some more Edging, Ill take some pictures in the morning. But add some more plants to the edging and used the stone trick I did on my stream on the backside of the top pond by the falls.....check it out later when I post the pictures....I love the before and after! Happy Ponding.....

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site