My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Pond Blogging

Have to say that I am really amazed at the amount of Pond'ers out there! In just under a week somewhere over 1800 people have already passed through to visit my blog-to those I say thanks for stopping in and come back to watch as the pond grows.

But It so nice to see so many others interested in something that I spend so much time and get so much enjoyment with. As most of you ponders know, something about being out there working with your pond (sometimes knee deep or higher in water and muck), tinkering here or there, always making adjustments that add to the ponds growth and beauty! When I first thought to build a pond in my new backyard, everyone thought I was crazy-my wife espescially, but after it was built everyone was like wow, and now as it has grown in people just cant believe its there! "Its like a Oasis" "Its so beautiful" "So tranquil" are things I always here from those visiting and I just love it. I love to hear and see others enjoy something I help create! I call this the "Pond God" feelling, I gave this little ecosystem life and to watch it grow is amazing! It makes you feel like the a God, and then of course your Koi become friends, Turtles family, frogs new neighbors and you have totaly lost it. lol

Watching as my young daughter skips rocks across the water, and talks to the fish and turtles, the pond has become just priceless! I believe it is one of the greatest lessons on nature you can give a child all in your backyard.

And now to let so many other in on that joy makes it even better! I Hope you all enjoy the blog and its growth, Im sure just like my pond I will tinker with it -so check back and again Thanks! Happy Ponding!

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site