My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Pond Edging






Pond Edging, as any amateur ponder knows is one of the hardest parts of building a pond IMHO! I had used broken up concrete from a old patio I took out with a sledgehammer to edge most of my pond! And was pretty happy with the results as the plants and landscape started growing in. Well as happy as any tinkering pond'er can be! LOL

After Starting the blog and so many people coming to view my site and message boards (over 2000 inthe first week), I was more then overwhelmed! Now with some great suggestions and comments from Viewers coming in, one in particular from Amazing Aquascapes, it was time to get back to work on the pond to incorporate some great suggestions.

So Here is the results, I took out the concrete rocks lining the stream, and added River Rock to the Banks to allow the plants to grow down and try and get a more natural look to my pond....And after doing so I think it does look 100 times better....I will work on some more edging soon....I had tried sticking peices of moss and other ground covers in between rocks to hide liner in spots, and it has worked in spot and failed in others. Some drying out before taking off, others loving it and growing like carazy! Below is the Message from the Kind People at Amazing Aquascapes whose free help was more then I could have asked for. Thanks Guys.

**Message from Amazing Aquascapes 8/1/05****

As for how your pond looks, it's not bad. You need to work on your edging a bit. In this picture

http://flyservers.registerfly.com/members5/amazingaquascapes.com/images/mysocalledpond2.jpg

I circled in red the rocks I'd remove and in blue where I'd fill with gravel and then dirt on top of the gravel so it blends into the surrounding landscape. You can then plant the dirt/gravel to soften it. Right now your pond looks man made because the edge is all the same. Break it up. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but if you broke up the edging, it would look better.

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site