My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Turtle MIA

Well it happened again! My big Red Eared Slider turtle has gone missing! Seems as I said the other day, he decides to take a walk around the yard at least twice weekly. I am always finding him among my vegetable garden, and the shrubs and bushes along the pond, he usually digs himself down into the dirt around a 1"! Anyway I know turtles sometimes hibernate in the winter when the water is cold, and they in a normal enviroment would hibernate in the mudd and muck at bottom of lakes, somethings he cant do in my pond! but is this normal in the summer? could he, or maybe I should say She be pregnant? Interesting, I usually find him/her and put her back in pond. Well Im going to go look for the turtle now but maybe this time I just remember where he dug himself or herself in and let her bi a while! I know the turtle knows where the pond is as a few times I have discovered him I took him out and let him find his own way back! lol anyway I hope the younger turtles dont learn from this old man! Otherwise I will have turtles walking all over my backyard! lol Anyone with info on my Turtles strange habits--please feel free to comment! I have seen on other pond sites ideas about screening or fencing the turtles into your pond, but who wants the ugly eyesore of a fence around your pond?

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site