My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Friday, June 30, 2006

Hot and Early Days of Summer






Well So Cal in June means one thing-HOT! So everything is in full bloom, and thriving. All my water lettuce from last year died, I bought a few more and they have already mulitplied 100 Times over! Anyone wanting some free Water lettuce just let me know. Other then that been a great year for my water lillies, I cant count the flowers this year! :-) Want to add a Lotus to the garden afet reading an interesting article in LA Times Home Section.

http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/home/la-hm-lotus29jun29,1,528097.story?coll=la-home-printedition

Other then that my pond looks great I think my fish Turtles and Frogs seem Happy! The hot days gets the minnows spawning but not many of the baby makes it....Not sure what gets them-the Turtles, koi, or Frogs. Anyway Jappy BBQ to you, kick back with a nice cold one and the sound of water splashing away! Here are some of the most recent photos, going to get some video up here real soon

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site