My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Survival of the Fitest I guess

Well after I got my coffee this am and went to feed the fish and turtles their breakfast, I noticed a ton of flies over on one of the rocks near the bog. Well when I look closer there was one of the tails of my tadpoles, and some inners of what I am assuming used to be one of my frogs! I kept seeing two yesterday, one fully formed and another bigger one that still had part of its tadpole tail. Well I dont see him anymore and I have to say the remains make me think either a bird or maybe a local cat got em! Sad day for the pond, and now I have to worry that something knows there is a snack shop near bye! Could have been the Hawk I saw the other day, the bog was in total disaray with plants almost knocked over!

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site