My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Build (Cont2)







now the fun part--The pump set up, the liner out and ready to go, and the Home Made Filter made--IE the SKIPPY http://www.skippysstuff.com/

I used a pvc liner that I got at Home Dept-Cost around $11 a ft (1X12'), I used a pond pump also from Home Depot for a cost of $150 for a 1500GPH pump! It had been great so far. Knock on wood! Added some Pvc Connections to get it all working

Laying in the liner is a lot of fun. lol Definetly can use as many people as you can. I had my brother in law and wife to help and without them I would still be out there. Anyway once the liner is laid, make sure you leave at least 10 inches to cover all sides, try and get out as many creases as possible, but once you add the water most will heal themselves with the help of a little pulling of the liner along the sides!

The Filter--check out the skippy site. But it works like any commercial filter, just for a 1/4 of the price. Basically you can spend $500 on afilter or build one yourself! I choose to do it myself! with some scrup pads as Filler-"Filter",and pvc to force the water down into a vortex at the bottom where the water is forced up through the "filter" material, and out the falls, I have had clean water since week 1! :-) No UV light filters or anything of the sorts, just a pond that is balance with plants, fish etc! Or so I hope! we shall see....

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site