My So Called Pond Life

Welcome to my blog of my backyard Watergarden & Pond. Here you will find tons of pictures of my Pond & Water Garden, Waterfalls, Stream, Turtles, Frogs, Koi, Plants & other Local SO Cal Wildlife that stop in to visit my little ecosystem, plus links to ponds groups, info, and supplies. See how the pond grows over time, & feel free to ask any ?'s you may have about the build, maintance, & costs of building your own backyard pond!

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Build







Here are some shots from the Pond Build--from the Location I picked to the start of digging! I picked a location in my backyard that gets mostly morning sun, since I am in So. Cal. afternoon sun can be tough. So with my location picked, I started to dig and dig! Was kind of like digging at the beach with a shovel, I figured I use some of the rocks I found digging for the waterfall, edges, etc---I never found any! Lol anyway I built the top pond that the waterfall falls into about 6 ft wide by 5 ft long, and a depth of about 18". The bottom pond is 11ft long by 8 ft wide...with depth from a bog shelf at 9', first shelf at 12-18" and the bottom shelf at 24"-30". the Stream was dug at only about a foot and the dirt used to make banks. The Thought was for a waterfall into a pond, dropping down then into a stream that feeds the bottom pond

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!
Support This Site